1. It is old. If your website hasn't been updated in a few years, chances are, you need one. The copyright at the bottom of the webpage should be the same as the present year. If you’re website is really, really old, then it may not even work in some of the newer browsers.
2. Your website is cluttered. Your site, especially your homepage, should be neat and easy to navigate. Learn where and how to place your content so that your customer finds your content easily accessible and can enter the funnel of inbound marketing.
3. The site is not optimized for mobile. With more and more smartphone users every day and an “on the go” lifestyle, it is unavoidable to go without a mobile site. As of July last year, more than 50 % of businesses had mobile websites and that number is steadily increasing.
4. There are no social media links! Your Facebook or Twitter page won’t be nearly as effective if you have no links to them whatsoever in your site. Social media is now the key to inbound marketing, it is very important to post links to your website on your various social media pages, and also just as important to set up links to these pages on your site.
5. Your competitor’s site is much, much better...and cooler. You don’t want them to look more advanced, professional or better off than you are. If your top competitors have phenomenal websites that make the customers ooh and aaah, you might want to rethink your website strategy.